I started it late the night before (because i am a dumbass!) and began hashig out little thumbnails. I hated them all so sketched a Scott holding the sword on a sheet of A4 bristol board and decided it wasn't enough. So then i taped on another A4 sheet and drew te big Gideon head and added smokey-ness. I was going to leave it at that because i was in a rush but it still looked bare, so then i taped another sheet of A4 on the other side and added the angelic Ramona (Liz's idea). I decided i would flip Scott around in Photoshop so he was protecting her and inked the whole thing with a brush. I added the 6 other Evil Ex-BFs heads in last minute and inked them up too.
Then i scanned the sheets in and alligned them in a hurry. I cut and paste everything to be where i wanted them.
I then began blocking in colour (at this point i went to sleep and woke up early next morning to finish it).
I removed the pencil lines and put down the final colours which were mostly solids, then i added shades. I used some gradients on a few of the Exes and for the BG. I daubed on the smoke quickly with a big brush and added some liney light ray shiz in the background (i was going to try and make the background a similar pattern to that on the 4th book, but it didn't look right). Then i rushed to the printers, got it printed at an A1 length, then hurried off to Nottingham to deliver it! That's it!
I'm pretty proud of it. I've never combined traditional inking with digital coluring before but i really enjoyed it. In fact, workin on the novel i am really growing to love inking on it's own! More on that next time though!
I'm off out for buy-one-get-one-free cocktails and tapas, mmmmmm.....
P.S. Was in a wee car accident (sort of) on the way back from Notts, but thats a whole other story!